At the Humana Innovation Center the product owner responsibilities include representing the customer voice in the Scrum or Kanban team
, and is often the only voice of the customer
. כך, the stronger the Product Owner is
, the more the product will be what aligns with the Stories
, Themes and product Vision
. All too often
, with a weak product owner
, the user experience is diluted in efforts made by the development team
. Their goal is to couple stories
, and maintain the greatest velocity they can
. This presents a point of conflict between the product owner
, and the rest of the Scrum Team
Acting as a mentor to the product owner, we were once told that it would take five story points to complete what was a basic php include, and it went unchallenged in the scrum, until the end when I spoke up. With challenge, it was quickly lowered to a one.
I see the scrum as a fight, a fight between the product owner and dev, and being outnumbered, the product owner needs to be able to spot problems.
The product owner takes the Key Feature & Epics, writes supporting stories, and presents them to the Scrum team.
The product owner is responsibilities are:
• To write stories, and make sure they tracked in the backlog
• Prioritizes the backlog, according to the product strategy
• Helps the Scrum Master & Team in Release & Sprint Planning
• Although they live in the day-to-day product details, they advise on Themes and the Vision
• Accepts or rejects the work presented by the development team
• A stakeholder communication (in this aspect they protect the team)
• They can terminate the sprint
• They speak on behalf of the customer, and is the customer’s champion
Most importantly, the Product Owner is ultimately responsible for the success of the product.